Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capture card?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MXScoote

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 10:33 pm

Do you absolutely NEED a capture card to record video from your XBox or are there other ways? i'm posting here cuz i don't want to register (i've registerred to so many sites i can't keep track of them now X_X)
Back to top Go down
JBuRRkE
The Overlord

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 1:20 am

lol its okay, i know what yah mean Razz

to get a professional look in your videos, yes you must have a capture card. of course you could record with a video camera, but its horrible quality, and super unprofessional like

there are other alternatives, i know someone who has his set up through his hd dvd somehow, but im not sure on the details.. if it matters look into it, otherwise hop on amazon.com and get a dazzle (found a used one for 37 bucks.. good deal)
Back to top Go down
https://projectmodforum.forumotion.com
MXScoote

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 7:42 am

okay, thanks.

i think i might've heard of someone hooking up their 360 (y'know how there's an HD cable and a regular cable) one cable into their computer somehow, and then the other into their TV. I dunno if it's just a rumour, or how you'd do it though lol
Back to top Go down
JBuRRkE
The Overlord

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 9:01 am

well when i first got my cc i didnt have any splitters, so i put my regular cables into my cap card and the hd into the tv (and i dealt with the black and white).. now i have it set up so the cables are split out of a console choooser i have, so the same cables are in use for the cc and the tv (if you want let me know and i'll draw up a quick diagram)..

the tricky part is getting the vga cables (red white and yellow) into your computer.. some video cards have the input built in but those can be pretty pricey, the reason the capture card is useful is it transfers those red white and yellow cords into usb, so if your trying to look into other alternatives make sure you can get it into some kind of input for your computer..

hope you have luck, and go ahead and register.. itll make our member count higher :]
Back to top Go down
Viva La Champ
The Champ
Viva La Champ

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-10-30

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 10:33 am

To answer your question I use a dvc 170, and I have it hooked up via VCR, one of the easiest connections but not as good quality:/ another thing we will NOT except and video camera recordings, it will never happend Razz although my capture card's pirce was about 100 bucks, you can find the same on ebay cheaper. Hope that helps Cool
Back to top Go down
http://ProjectModGaming.com
JBuRRkE
The Overlord

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:39 am

ProjectModChamp wrote:
To answer your question I use a dvc 170, and I have it hooked up via VCR, one of the easiest connections but not as good quality:/ another thing we will NOT except and video camera recordings, it will never happend Razz although my capture card's pirce was about 100 bucks, you can find the same on ebay cheaper. Hope that helps Cool

you just repeated what i said..
jerk
Back to top Go down
Viva La Champ
The Champ
Viva La Champ

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-10-30

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 1:00 pm

JBuRRkE wrote:
ProjectModChamp wrote:

you just repeated what i said..
jerk
copied? I responded saying I have mine hooked up to a vcr, and we don't except video cameras. Plus you said amazon, and i said ebay lol!
Back to top Go down
http://ProjectModGaming.com
MXScooter

MXScooter

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 1:25 pm

I went ahead and registered. I also found this website (if you haven't watched Machinima's videos) called GeeVee (http://www.geevee.com/index.php) that was beta testing something where you could upload your vids directly from your fileshare. Once they get the final version out, i hope to make many a video =3
Back to top Go down
GearsOfWarGlitcher

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 1:34 pm

MXScooter wrote:
I went ahead and registered. I also found this website (if you haven't watched Machinima's videos) called GeeVee (http://www.geevee.com/index.php) that was beta testing something where you could upload your vids directly from your fileshare. Once they get the final version out, i hope to make many a video =3

Scoot u make me think of some one in my clan named MX Scooter

Are u |MX|Scooter From the clan modX?
Back to top Go down
MXScooter

MXScooter

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 10:06 am

OMFG! who r u!? i didn't think i'd see any of u ppl again! xD

that's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
WildIrishman

WildIrishman

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 10:08 am

glad you registered Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GearsOfWarGlitcher

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:02 am

MXScooter wrote:

that's hilarious.
so ur from MX?!!!! its me Syphoco...used to be SeanTheGreat
Back to top Go down
GearsOfWarGlitcher

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:03 am

MXScooter wrote:

that's hilarious.
so ur from MX?!!!! its me Syphoco...used to be SeanTheGreat
Back to top Go down
MXScooter

MXScooter

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 4:16 pm

yes...i (vaguely) remember you...
Back to top Go down
GearsOfWarGlitcher

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 5:03 pm

MXScooter wrote:
yes...i (vaguely) remember you...
Hey dude long time no see :0 im in NS now Very Happy Division ldr for Tribes 3 and Enemy Territory:Wolfiensien

Last edited by on Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MXScooter

MXScooter

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 6:20 pm

ohhhh, why'd u quit MX?

(I stopped playing tribes cuz i didn't have any inspiration to build anymore, it just got boring...)
Back to top Go down
GearsOfWarGlitcher

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 6:25 pm

MXScooter wrote:
ohhhh, why'd u quit MX?

(I stopped playing tribes cuz i didn't have any inspiration to build anymore, it just got boring...)
Not enough Inovation.. Game Choices... I hated some of the people there ... Wanted a better clan
Back to top Go down
MXScooter

MXScooter

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 6:28 pm

ohh, that sucks...

hey i'll be in the chat box if u wanna talk... (the one on the forum main page, not the portal.)
Back to top Go down
GearsOfWarGlitcher

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 6:42 pm

MXScooter wrote:
ohh, that sucks...

hey i'll be in the chat box if u wanna talk... (the one on the forum main page, not the portal.)
Dark and KoD were likle the only 2 people i liked... and u too :0... i fucken hated E-dog
Back to top Go down
JBuRRkE
The Overlord

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:18 pm

lol, nice to know we're bringing people together Razz

i was in a halo modding clan way back.., but i dont remember the name of it..

edit:
it was modtacular (MT).. i actually thought for a second it was MX, wow that would have been wierd xD
Back to top Go down
MXScooter

MXScooter

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:39 am

nah MX is a clan on a builder mod PC game called Starseige TRIBES. |MX|Dark energy made the mod, where you have a tool that lets you deploy objects and buildings not normally deployable, a lot like forge, but you can deploy buildings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Capture card? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture card?   Capture card? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capture card?
Page 1 of 1